Seven Steps to a Full Christian Life - Small Groups
- Date: Varies (see below), Starts September 24, 2017
- Time: Varies (see below)
- Location: Cornerstone UMC
We have an opportunity to help you know, feel and realize your potential to living a full life with Jesus at the center. In addition to our new worship series, that begins September 24, we will have small groups that you can join to begin this road to living a full Christian life.
If you are interested, and we hope you are, please contact the church office or one of the pastors. The groups will be available at times that should fit your schedule; Monday–Friday evenings, Friday morning, Saturday mid-day, or Sunday evenings. Come and learn the joy of living with Jesus at the center of your life.
Seven Steps to a Full Christian Life
(Borrowing language from the 12 Steps of the Recovery Movement)
- We admitted that we were powerless over much of life and that our lives were unmanageable.
- Came to believe that there is a God who has power over the things we cannot manage.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of that God.
- Made a searching and fearless inventory of our mind, heart and actions,
confessed our sins to God and another human, and asked God to forgive and remove those sins.
- Sought through a life of private and shared spiritual growth to better understand and conform to God’s will.
- Tried to carry this message to all the world and practice these principles in all aspects of our life.
- Came to accept responsibility for the spiritual nurture of some who are on the journey.
Two questions facing would-be followers:
- Do you have such a desire to gain and sustain this life that you will look into our program?
- Are you committed to honest and charitable fellowship with anyone else who is on the same journey?